The Yorkshire Dales 300 and 200 Individual Time Trial is back for 2020
Next year I will hold both rides on the same weekend. The YD300 ride will be on the same route as 2018.
The YD200 route will change every year and the two-wheeled mode of transport will also change to entice both MTB riders, gravel bike and road riders.
There is not a date set in stone as yet but expect a mid Summer event to make the most of the long daylight hours. I hope to arrange a date and a YD200 route by October 2019.
Some points of interest and info that may answer some questions.
- It’s either 300 or 200 km. NOT miles
- It is an individual time trial.
- The group start sets off at 8 am on a Saturday morning
- I will provide a breakfast spread for you all and some hot food on your return
- I’m not your mum and I do not hold hands. Be prepared, look after yourself and be self-sufficient on your ride
- I will man HQ throughout the duration of the event to welcome you back and to console the bailers
- There is space on the workshop floor for any Friday night arrivals or partygoers
- I own a bike workshop so faffing is encouraged and rewarded
- Expect to enter the hurt locker more than once
- Remember my hashtag #smilesand miles
- Be nice on the trail. Don’t be a dick. Respect everyone and everything. Lock gates behind you and don’t litter.
- Tell everyone how great I am and how the YD event has changed your life for the better.
An ITT like the YD300 and 200 have always tried to adhere to the self-supported philosophy. Please click on this link and acquaint yourself with the written rules.